Kim Breedlove was always at his best when he was designing and handcrafting stringed instruments. From walking and exploring the koa forests of Hawaii - to his home workshop in Bend, Oregon where he experimented with nuances in ukulele body design - the ukulele was one of Kim’s true passions.
Breedlove has combined Kim’s original tenor body shape with his adoration for Myrtlewood – a tonewood he discovered decades ago growing on the Oregon Pacific Coast - which results in vibrantly stunning tonal energy which delivers more sound than traditional koa ukuleles.
Lu’au Tenor Natural Shadow CE Ukulele Specifications:
- Body Type: Tenor Ukulele
- Neck Wood: Mahogany (Nato)
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Myrtlewood
- Back & Sides: Myrtlewood
- Top Finish: Natural Shadow Gloss
- Back & Side: Finish Aged Toner Gloss
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- # Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.42"
- Tuners Hardware: Gold Open Gear
- Lower Bout Width: 9"
- Waist Width: 5.26"
- Upper Bout Width: 6.5"
- Body Length: 12"
- Body Depth: 2.36" (neck), 2.87" (tail)
- String Gauge: Aquila Super Nylgut
- Binding: Tortoise
- Inlay Centered Dots
- Case: None
- Scale Length: 17"
- Sound Hole: 2.68"
- Crafted In China