This item is available only for local pickup at our Takoma Park store - it cannot be shipped. Delivery within the DC Metro area can also be arranged.
14-key Baritone Marimba built by Eric Orem in Oregon. Tuned G A B C D E F F# g a b c d e. Measures about 1.75 meters long. It features:
- solid birch frame
- American cherry keys
- natural linseed finish
- mortise & tenon joints in leg assemblies
- polyurethane "feet" for stability, floor care & minimal noise
- F13 grade felt keyboard padding
- durable PVC resonator tubes with tweakable buzzers (similar to tone of Zimbabwean marimbas)
- adjustable resonator mounts for some tuning flexibility
There are some light scratches on some of the keys and some slight discoloration on one of the sides, but it's overall in very good condition. 2 pairs of mallets and detailed owners manual are included.
See the maker's website here for a sound sample and more information.
A portion of proceeds from this sale will be donated to our sister non-profit concert series, Institute of Musical Traditions.