Mondays, August 10, 17, 24 & 31; 7:30-8:30pm Eastern time
Cost: $125 per 4-week session
If you plan to attend this class, please register by 5pm on August 9th so we have time to get you the info to join the session on Zoom. Please read our workshop registration & cancellation policies here.
● Develop a consistent warm-up routine to address the foundation of strength and flexibility
in the voice and mouth.
● Analyze and master exercises to help with vocal placement and vocal control
● Exercises to help with vocal agility.
Topics covered will include breathing, warm-ups to loosen up tension and & around the larynx, connecting to different parts of the voice, strengthening the "Middle" voice, and navigating your personal instrument to convey a meaningful authentic performance. Singing is about using different placements that are effective and personal to your voice to tell a story. You will learn placement exercises to find moments to use your chest voice to add more depth, your middle voice to be more conversational with the audience, and your head voice to be vulnerable or captivating in a raw way. We will help develop your ear and gain harmonic understanding.
This class is geared for vocal beginners, but singers of all levels are welcome.
For this class, you'll need:
- A computer or tablet with a webcam, connected to the internet, with Zoom installed.
- A smartphone or other device with voice recording abilities
- Headphones/earbuds are recommended, though not required.