Workshop Registration Policies
RegistrationWe encourage advance signups for our workshops for a few reasons:
- In many cases, space is limited (our studio accommodates about 10 people comfortably; workshops we hold at other venues may have a larger capacity).
- We like to let the instructor know how many people they can expect.
- We can keep advance registrants posted on any changes (especially due to inclement weather or other emergencies) and can make sure you have all the correct information about location and other logistics.
- Especially when workshops are held off-site and/or after store hours, we want to have payment and signups squared away in advance.
- Some instructors (especially those coming from afar) require a minimum number of attendees in order to offer the workshop.
You may register in advance by purchasing a workshop directly on our website, or by calling us at 301-270-9090 with credit card information (in this case, we can either process your payment immediately, or if you prefer, we can hold your payment information and charge you closer to the workshop date). Submitting your payment information is the guarantee that a spot will be held for you. If you are registering last-minute, it is preferable to call us so we can confirm that you can register (for weekend workshops, we usually close out online registrations on Fridays).
Cancellation and Refunds
We understand that unforeseen circumstances pop up for everybody, and sometimes you may not be able to attend a workshop or one or more sessions of a group class you have registered for. However, we ask you to understand that our workshop instructors are professional musicians and teachers who rely on this income to make their living. And especially in the case of multi-session group classes, we cannot tailor payment and scheduling to each person's individual needs. Some multi-session classes also have a per-session or "drop-in" rate specified. If you are not sure whether you'll be able to attend all the sessions, we encourage you to register at the per-session rate if that is offered.
If you need to cancel your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-270-9090. If you cancel your registration 5 days or more before the workshop, you may do so without penalty. If your payment has been processed, you may choose to receive a refund, general store credit, or credit towards a future workshop. Cancellations made 1-4 days in advance of the workshop will be refunded at a 50% rate. Day-of or later cancellations will not be refunded.
For multi-session classes, we do not offer proration if you have to miss one or more sessions (unless there is an option to register at a per-session rate, in which case you can pay "at the door" for each session).
If a workshop has to be canceled due to inclement weather, instructor emergency, insufficient registration or other situation that is out of our control, participants will get a full refund (or credit for a rescheduled workshop). We generally follow Montgomery County School District's weather closings.