From the Alvarez website:
"When the Grateful Dead and Alvarez Guitars came together to create the Grateful Dead Series, it was vital to make instruments that were a true celebration of the band’s legacy and the use of official artwork and graphical characters was a focus from the outset. Getting the aesthetics right meant the innovation of a unique screen printing process that was used to tattoo artwork directly onto the guitars’ cedar tops. Alvarez custom designed this guitar incorporating classic Dead imagery, logos and characters such as Steel Your Face, Big Bertha and the Dancing Bear."
* Solid A grade Western Red cedar top, screen printed under a satin finish.
* Laminated mahogany back and sides.
* Rosewood fingerboard and bi-level bridge.
* 12th fret "Lightning Bolt" inlay.
* Forward shifted, scalloped bracing system.
* Bone nut and saddle.
* "Dancing Bear" headstock inlay.