Kim Breedlove was always at his best when he was designing and handcrafting stringed instruments. From walking and exploring the koa forests of Hawaii - to his home workshop in Bend, Oregon where he experimented with nuances in ukulele body design - the ukulele was one of Kim’s true passions.
Breedlove has combined Kim’s original concert body shape with his adoration for Myrtlewood – a tonewood he discovered decades ago growing on the Oregon Pacific Coast - which results in vibrantly stunning tonal energy which delivers more sound than traditional koa ukuleles.
Lu’au Concert Natural Shadow CE Ukulele Specifications:
- Body Type: Concert Ukulele
- Neck Wood: Mahogany (Nato)
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Myrtlewood
- Back & Sides: Myrtlewood
- Top Finish: Natural Shadow Gloss
- Back & Side: Finish Aged Toner Gloss
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- # Frets: 17
- Nut Width: 1.42"
- Tuners Hardware: Gold Open Gear
- Lower Bout Width: 8"
- Waist Width: 4.7"
- Upper Bout Width: 5.75"
- Body Length: 11.2"
- Body Depth: 2.24" (neck), 2.68" (tail)
- String Gauge: Aquila Super Nylgut
- Pickup: UK-T1Bridge Ovangkol
- Binding: Tortoise
- Inlay Centered Dots
- Scale Length: 15"
- Sound Hole: 2.185"
- Crafted In China