Kim Breedlove was always at his best when he was designing and handcrafting stringed instruments. From walking and exploring the koa forests of Hawaii - to his home workshop in Bend, Oregon where he experimented with nuances in ukulele body design - the ukulele was one of Kim’s true passions.
Breedlove has combined Kim’s original concert body shape with his adoration for Myrtlewood – a tonewood he discovered decades ago growing on the Oregon Pacific Coast - which results in vibrantly stunning tonal energy which delivers more sound than traditional koa ukuleles.
- Lu’au Concert Natural Shadow E Ukulele Specifications
- Neck Wood: Mahogany (Nato)
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Myrtlewood
- Top Finish: Natural Shadow Gloss
- Back & Side Finish: Aged Toner Gloss
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- # Frets: 18
- Tuners: Hardware Nickel Open Gear
- String Gauge: Aquila Super Nylgut
- Pickup: UK-T1
- Inlay: Centered Dots
- Case: Gig Bag included
- Crafted In China
We currently have two of these models in stock - one has a more solidly light-color back, and one has more of a figure to the myrtlewood. Let us know if you have a preference!