We offer low monthly rental rates for these instruments. You may rent-to-own or return at any time. We recommend setting up your account with automatic monthly payments on your credit card to make this easy.
Our 2-month trial period special is back in effect! This is a great way for your student to try out an instrument at a low cost to determine if they want to continue with it. Low monthly rates after the first two months; see below.
Here are our current rates and available instruments under this program:
- 2 month trial period cost: $15.00 + tax (Damage Waiver included!)
- Monthly cost thereafter: $29 per month (plus tax). Optional Damage Waiver: $6 per month. Total monthly cost with tax & damage waiver: $36.74
Instruments included in Group 1:
- clarinet (plastic)
- flute (open-hole available by special request)
- Bb trumpet
- bell kit
- snare drum kit
- bell + snare kit
- violin (1/16, 1/10, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 4/4)
- viola (12", 13", 14", 15", 15.5", 16", 16.5")
- 2-month trial period cost: $30.00 plus tax (Damage Waiver included!)
- Monthly cost thereafter: $43 per month (plus tax). Optional Damage Waiver: $8 per month. Total monthly cost with tax & damage waiver: $53.58
Instruments included in Group 2:
- alto saxophone
- cello (1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 4/4)
- 2-month trial period cost: $69.00 plus tax (Damage Waiver included!)
- Monthly cost thereafter: $69 per month (plus tax). Optional Damage Waiver: $10 per month. Total monthly cost with tax & damage waiver: $83.14
Instruments included in Group 3:
- tenor saxophone
- French horn (single)
- baritone horn
We highly recommend completing your rental paperwork online! Click here to begin.
It's fast and easy and will help you avoid long waits during the busy rental season. You can choose the ship-to-home option, and our partner NEMC will ship your instrument directly to you. If you choose the option to pick up your rental at our store, please wait for email or phone confirmation from House of Musical Traditions that your rental is ready to pick up before coming to the store.
Most online rentals are filled within 24 hours or less. If we are out of stock on an instrument or need to special-order it from our supply warehouse, it may take up to 3 business days. You will also be able to manage your account online (updating credit card on file, checking your payoff balance, making exchange requests, etc).
This is an optional addition but highly recommended especially for student rentals. Customers with damage waiver will have repairs costs covered due to accidental damage, regular maintenance issues or manufacturing defect. Without damage waiver, the customer is responsible for all repair costs (usually a minimum of $50).
All rental payments will go towards the instrument's purchase price, and a significant early payoff discount is offered. You may also return the instrument at any point without penalty, so you are not locked into purchasing the instrument. We recommend continuing to rent over the summer break - not only will your student be able to continue practicing (which is important!), but you will continue to accumulate rental credit towards purchase. Once you return, you would start over on a new contract if you rent again.
We require a state-issued ID such as a drivers license, and a major credit card (debit with Visa/MC logo OK) for rentals.
Violins, violas and cellos can be exchanged at any time for a different size as your child grows, and 100% of your rental payments will transfer to the new instrument. For all other instruments, you may exchange to any other instrument type within the first 12 months of rental (a nominal exchange fee applies), and 100% of your rental credit will transfer to the new instruments. The following exchanges have a 24-month exchange window: clarinet to alto sax, alto sax to tenor sax, and violin to viola.