Layaway & Financing
HMT offers layaway and financing, for both local and mail-order customers:
Layaway is available for items $100 and above in price. No additional fees are applied, except for cancellation*. Many consigned items are eligible for layaway, but must be approved by a manager.
- A deposit of at least 1/3 of the item's price is required to place the item on hold.
- Layaway term is up to 6 weeks. You may make payments on whatever schedule works for you, and in whatever increments you prefer, during this period.
- Payment options include: credit card, cash or personal check (item will be held until all personal checks have cleared) or Paypal (at email@example.com). As an option, we can email you invoices that can be paid online via credit card, or a Paypal invoice that can be paid in increments. You may make credit card payments over the phone.
- The item will be held at our store until it is paid in full.
- * If you wish to cancel your layaway, a restocking fee of 10% of the item's price will be deducted from your refund.
- * Layaways not paid off after 6 weeks will be placed back on the sales floor, and refunds are subject to the 10% restocking fee.
Financing through Affirm is available for purchases above $50 made in our Reverb Store. You can apply for financing as part of the checkout process on Reverb. See more information here. If an item we sell is not listed in our Reverb store and you are interested in purchasing it on the Affirm financing program, please contact us and we'll get it set up. Due to Reverb's regulations on Affirm sales, we are required to ship items to the buyer that are purchased in this manner, even if you are local to us. Shipping charges may apply, depending on the item.