Services : Rentals
In addition to selling and repairing musical instruments, we also rent instruments, P.A. systems and pro audio gear (with or without a sound engineer) to local customers.
For pro audio rental inquiries please contact us.
For school band & orchestra instrument rentals, click here.
The following instruments are available for rent through our direct store rental program:
- 5-string Banjos -- various openback & resonator
- 4-string Tenor Banjo -- Irish tuning
- Button Accordion -- 3-row GCF Chinese made
- Concertina -- 20-button Anglo, 30-button Anglo & 48-button English
- Folk Harps -- Folkcraft 22-string Erin (no sharping levers) and Dusty Strings 26-string Ravenna (sharping levers on C&F)
- Hammered Dulcimers -- Dusty Strings Apprentice (12/11)
- Guitars -- various steel-string and nylon string, acoustic-electric option
- Mandolins -- A-style and F-style
- Piano Accordions: -- 120-bass (Stradivari Midget - white pearl, ladies size, LMM; Davinci orange pearl - ladies size, LM; Lemar - white & black, LM), 48-bass (Chinese-made red pearl) & 16-bass.
We sometimes have a waiting list for rental instruments, so contact us to check availability before coming in.
We occasionally do short-term rentals on other types of instruments. Contact us with your needs.
(NOTE: these terms do not apply to school band instrument rentals)
- Fee: $60.00 plus Maryland state sales tax
- Rental period: 2 months. Shorter rentals may be possible at a lower rate; please contact us for details. The 2-month rental period is designed for new players to try out an instrument and decide whether they want to purchase that type of instrument. If you wish, you may re-rent for another two months if we don't have anyone on a waiting list. However, $60.00 is the maximum rental credit that can be applied toward purchase (this is not a rent-to-own program).
- Rental fee may be applied towards purchase of the same type of instrument (i.e. if you rent a guitar, you can only use your credit towards purchasing a guitar). Generally, rental instruments are not available for sale; you would purchase any other instrument we have in stock.
- Credit card required for security against the instrument. We do not charge your credit card, but we make a manual imprint of it for the value of the instrument. This imprint is destroyed when you return the instrument in good condition. If you do not have a credit card, we can accept a cash deposit for the value of the instrument..
- State-issued ID required at time of rental
For further information on the HMT Rental Program, please contact us via email or call 301-270-9090.
Rental Credit Details:
- Credit valid within 2 months of rental return, towards the same type of instrument.
- Rental instruments are not for sale.
Damage, Repairs and Late Fees:
If your rental instrument is not functioning properly due to a defect with the instrument, bring it back and we will repair the instrument or give you a different one. Customer will be held liable for damage due to accident, misuse or neglect. "Normal wear & tear," such as light scratches on the finish, is not considered damage.
Late fees accumulate at a rate of $2 per day if the instrument is not returned by the due date on your contract. If you discover you will have a problem returning the instrument by the due date, please contact us to work something out.
School Band and Orchestra Instruments:
We have partnered with the National Educational Musical Company (NEMC) to bring you a competitive rental program with high quality, name-brand instruments for band and orchestra. Read on for more details, or click here to begin your rental online!
Introductory Special: 3 months for the price of 1 month!
Special runs through October 2019