D'Addario EJ78's are designed and gauged for the larger-scale, bowl-shaped bodied mandocello. The mandocello's four double courses of strings are generally tuned C to A.
D'Addario mandolin strings are trusted by legends like David Grisman, Ricky Skaggs, Ronnie McCoury, Doyle Lawson, Rhonda Vincent, Mike Marshall, Adam Steffey, and more, for their natural acoustic tone and reliable performance. They are made from the highest quality plain steel, stainless steel, nickel plated steel and phosphor bronze and are available in a wide variety of gauges.
- Designed and gauged for the mandocello
- Commonly tuned C to A
- Preferred for its warm, bright, and well balanced acoustic tone
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: .022/.022, .034/.034, .048/.048, .074/.074
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh