Small, smart, and surprisingly loud.
The AER Alpha is a compact combo amp for acoustic instruments. It has one channel with 2 individual inputs that allow parallel use of instrument and microphone, even though the instrument is the main focus. Inputs each have their own gain knob. Birch plywood cabinet provides great tone projection and is road tough. Dynamic controlled 40 Watts RMS and the 8" twin-cone speaker system give perfect performance at all sound pressure levels. Onboard reverb, external effects loop and headphone out.
The Alpha amplifier defines the starting point of serious acoustic amplification at AER. Based on the success and the experience with the Compact 60 they have developed an even smaller, lightweight model that has no difficulties living up to the rigors of the road. Amazingly reduced, without losing what is essential for superb performance - the Alpha is a full size member of the AER product family. Open sounding and quick in response, this guitar amp masters different ranges and is not afraid of bigger instruments.
The AER Alpha has an integrated (internal) digital reverb effect on board. The return control determines the intensity of the effect (as far to the left as possible means no effect). Furthermore, a supplementary effect device can be connected (external effect). For this purpose, use the sockets send and return at the rear of Alpha to connect the external device (send to the input, return from the output of the external effect). The intensity will then be set by the controls of external effect device. A standard double foot switch can be connected to the footswitch socket on the rear of the amp with a stereo cable. This switch can be used to turn the internal and external effects on and off.
- Combination XLR male and 1/4" inch input with individual gain knob
- Line/mic preamp mode selector switch line: sources with line level, instruments with active preamplifiers and magnetic sound pick-ups, mic: symmetrical microphone input with 24V phantom source
- 1/4" input 2 line level with individual gain knob
- Pad switch to adjust input sensitivity up position: standard line level down position: reduction by 10 db/V
- LED Clip overload indicator for both channels
- Color mid-range contour filter, only active for input 2
- Bass, middle, treble, effect return and master levels for both inputs
- On LED
- Phones: headphone output
- Line-out: preamplifier output post-master control
- DI-out: XLR output pre master control effect loop mono, parallel send: output, to input of an external device
- Return: input, from output of an external device or from another signal source, e.g. CD player
- Footswitch: connection to a double foot switch-to-switch internal and external effect on and off
- Power: combined mains switch with a mains socket and a fuse holder (1 a slow-blow)
- Accessory: 3/8" microphone stand adapter
- Carrying bag
- Input one: XLR Combi
- Line: unbalanced, 1 MEG, mic: balanced, 600 Ohm, Voice filter 300 Hz
- Input two: line: unbalanced, 2.2 MEG, pad: -10dBV, eff.return: -10dBV/10k
- Outputs: line: 0dBV, DI: -20dBV, send: -10dBV
- Foot switch tip: built in effect, ring: external effect, sleeve: ground
- EQ: bass: ±8 dB/100 Hz, middle: ±3 dB/550 Hz, treble: ±11 dB/ 10 kHz
- Analog signal processor: limiter, subsonic filter and enhancer
- Effect: digital reverb
- power amp: power consumption - 220-240 V / 50-60Hz / 55 VA (110V / 50-60Hz)
- Rating: 40 Watt / 4 ohm RMS
- Mains Fuse: 1 A slow
- Speaker: 8" twin-cone speaker-system (96 dB 1w/1m, freq. range 60Hz-18kHz)
- Cabinet: 0.47" (12 mm) birch plywood
- Dimension: 10.24' (260 mm) high, 10.43' (265 mm) wide, 9.25' (235 mm) deep
- Finish: water based acrylic, black spatter finish
- Weight: 14.33 (6.5 kg)
Because we are a small shop, most of our new amp stock is available on the sales floor for customers to demo. This item may not include its original packaging, but is still considered brand new with warranty, from an authorized dealer.