Before 1922, most popular mandolins had oval-shaped sound holes; offering a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the sound of popular music of the day. The diminutive size and unique voice made it perfect for a wide range of musical styles. To this day, vintage examples of these popular A-style instruments are still played by discerning musicians and coveted by collectors around the world. Now, anyone can afford to own this legendary mandolin design in a Kentucky KM-270 Series A-style mandolin with the oval sound hole! Incorporating the best features of vintage designs, and using only the best tone woods, each instrument is expertly handcarved and graduated to produce an instrument with a tone, look and build quality of highly prized collectible instruments. So take a step back in time by playing an instrument that combines all the best features of old and the new!
- Solid carved German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved Alpine maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim Alpine maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice rosewood, radiused fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- High-gloss sunburst finish imparts traditional beauty and luster
- Comes with a sturdy, padded ProTour BV-2012 Mandolin Gig Bag, with Kentucky logo
Free shipping within the continental US!